A Quick Guide to WiFi Hotspots - powered by Freedom HotSpot
This page explains how a WiFi Hotspot differs from from a standard wireless network.
How a Hotspot works:
8 Key Features of a Hotspot
- Provide controlled access to end users that are not known and at your location for a short period of time
- Allow end users to be managed using PINcode, Social Media Login, Self Registration, Credit Card, SMS and more. Unique login per end user ensures your Internet connection is not misused.
- Prevent end users from having to change technical settings to login (99% of scenarios);
- Protection against rogue networks by making your network more identifiable. Captive/Login Portal - your customers know who you are. Promote your business/brand and integrate into your digital marketing strategy
- Allow you, the client to have full visibility into how your WiFi Internet Hotspot is being used with detailed stats in easy to see graphs
- Track and communicate directly with your end users via various channels including Social Media;
- Manage your bandwidth and what is viewed including preventing illegal downloads and unsuitable content
- Prevent end user access to your network including other devices connected to it.